The butter!!! Oh my geez, there is quite a bit of butter in this but it is so worth it and the butter is what gives this recipe a smooth and creamier finish. So GOOD!!! These noodles are definitely not for someone that is looking for a healthier alternative to chinese noodles. However, if you are looking to knock the socks off of your family and friends then definitely give this recipe a go! I usually use about 2x the amount of butter that the recipe calls for because it give so much more flavor but try it how it originally is first and see how you guys like it!!
- 1 lb. linguine or noodles of your choice, cooked al dente
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Over medium high heat in a wok, melt the butter
- Toss in garlic and saute until fragrant
- Toss in noodles and stir to mix
- Add sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and combine
- Season with salt pepper
- Remove from heat and drizzle in sesame oil, tossing to mix
- Dish and serve hot sprinkled with sesame seeds
If you guys decide to use sesame oil then that is totally ok but if you can’t afford it or you just don’t want to get out and go to the store (always me) then you can do without it. It does add a little more flavor but it still tastes outstanding without. Also, Sesame seeds are just for decoration. Unless you are looking to entertain or go all out then by all means go for it!! When I make these I usually like to pair them with my sweet and sour chicken that I posted in another post and some egg rolls!
Well, I expect you guys to let me know how it turned out if you make it! Leave me a comment and lets connect! Also, follow me for more flavorful recipes that I post daily!