This is one of my all time favorite comfort food meals. I don’t know why but every time I make this soup it hits home and takes me back. EVERY TIME! Maybe mom used to make this back when my life was at it’s best point or something? Back when I was 7 and life’s biggest worry was would I be able to go to my best friends sleepover that Friday. Lol!!!
This meal is also really stinking cheap. It basically calls for things that are already in your pantry. So here is the soup recipe that is just so comforting to me. Also, I would like to add that this soup tastes alot like Campbells Chicken And Rice soup so the kids should love it. I know my daughter always eats so much it makes her sick so I have to force her to stop!
Easy Chicken and Rice Soup
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2-3 medium-sized carrots, peeled then thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- homemade gluten-free seasoned salt (see notes for recipe) and pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 64oz (8 cups) gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain white rice
Start by heating 1-1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add 2-3 medium-sized carrots that have been peeled then thinly sliced, and 1/2 chopped onion. Season with homemade seasoned salt and pepper then place a lid on top and saute until the vegetables are very tender, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.